Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences
Admission Guidelines for 2018 Master’s Program in Sport and Olympic Studies, Master’s Program in Health and Sport Sciences, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences
3. Web Entry and Documents for Application
Submit your application online through the Web Entry System during the period from Wednesday, 24 January 2018, 12:00pm to Friday, 23 February 2018, 3:00pm (JST). The application must be completed in English.
[Information Required for Online Application]
Deadline of submission: Friday, 23 February 2018, 3:00pm (JST)
|Information to be Entered||Required for||Remarks|
|Applicant’s Information||All applicants||Follow the instructions on the Web Entry System. Please write your name in alphabet as written in your passport. (This name will be used for the Letter of Acceptance, visa procedures and other official documents etc.)
ID photo must be in JPEG format. (The photo must be taken within 3 months prior to submission. Applicant should face the front without any hats or other adornments)
|Employment Records||All applicants who have work experience||Follow the instructions on the Web Entry System.|
|Research Activities||All applicants who have research experience||Follow the instructions on the Web Entry System.|
|Research Plan||All applicants||Follow the instructions on Web Entry Form and write your research plan including the Research Title, Outline, Objective, Methodology and Expected Results, etc. within the word limit shown in each “( )”.|
|Internship Plan||All applicants||Follow the instructions on Web Entry Form and write within the word limit shown in each “( )”.
Internship is compulsory in the curriculum.
|Academic Field and Academic Supervisor||All applicants||Follow the instructions on Web Entry Form.|
[Documents Required for Application]
Deadline for submission: Monday, 12 March 2018, 5:00pm (JST)
- Note 1: Certificates issued by University must have stamp and sign of the University.
- Note 2: Certificates for submission must be the original or certified copy (certified copy is a copy of a document that can be used instead of the original one because an official has checked it and formally approved it as a true and accurate copy by signing it).
- Note 3: Uncertified photocopies will NOT be accepted.
- Note 4: When sending originals or certified copies of the documents to University of Tsukuba, please send it by registered mail or courier service which can be tracked down afterwards.
- Note 5: All the documents must be in ENGLISH or JAPANESE. If the language used in documents is other than English or Japanese, it must be translated to either language by registered translator.
- Note 6: If your current name differs from that on any of your certificates due to marriage or other reasons, enclose the family register (photocopy is acceptable) indicating the revision or relevant certificate of individual items in your family register.
- Note 7: Submitted documents will not be returned. Please note that this rule applies even when you submitted the original.
|(Expected) Graduation Certificate (See the note)||All applicants||
|Degree Certificate (See the note)||1. Applicants who have graduated from a foreign university
2. Applicants who have obtained a qualification for application from the National Institution for Academic Degrees and University Evaluation (in Japan)
|Academic Transcript (See the note)||All applicants||
|Letter of Recommendation||All applicants||Submit a letter of recommendation (in any format) written by your director or academic advisor (arbitrary format).
The letter of recommendation must be duly signed and submitted to University of Tsukuba by the recommender.
|TOEIC Official Score Certificate, TOEFL Examinee’s Score Record, or IELTS (Academic Module) Official Test Report Form||Applicants with a first language other than English||Applicants must submit original or certified copy of the one of the official documents from 1-3 below to University of Tsukuba by registered mail or courier service.
Certificates 1-3 must be taken in or after February 2016, and we do not accept any scores taken in or before January 2016.
Note1: Please do not send official scores directly from ETS (English Testing Service), IELTS testing center or any other English center.
|Letter of Approval for Taking the Examination
(Format of your choice)
|Applicants who meet the following conditions||
|Certificate of Government-Sponsored International Student
(Format of your choice)
|International applicants who meet the following conditions||Government-sponsored international students enrolled in another university in Japan are required to submit a certificate of government-sponsored international student issued by the university (arbitrary format, A4 size)|
[Print out the following PDF documents]
Following PDF documents will be available for printing after the submission of online application. (Web Entry)
Please print out and fill out the necessary PDF documents and submit them by registered mail or courier service with other necessary documents to University of Tsukuba.
|Admission Card||All applicants||Print out the card and show it to the interviewer on your interviewer on your oral examination day.|
|Address Sheet||All applicants||Submit all the originals or certified copies of certificates and supporting documents to be arrived no later than Monday, 12 March 2018, 5:00pm (JST) by registered mail or courier service with the Address Sheet glued on the envelope.|
* Personal information obtained from the application documents as well as the examination results will only be used for selection purposes. Applicants who have completed the admission procedure and have also applied for a scholarship from Japan Student Services Organization, their personal information will be used as reference during the selection process for the scholarship.