Degree Program in Comprehensive Human Sciences
Doctoral Programs (Informatics)
7. Testing Location, Announcement of Acceptance, and Enrollment Procedure
Examinations for 2024 academic year will be conducted online.
University of Tsukuba Kasuga Area (1-2 Kasuga, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki-ken, 305-8550, Japan)
Refer to “10. Information and Regulations for Examinees” for details.
Announcement of Acceptance
- July Selection Process： 10:00 a.m., July 18 (Tue), 2023
- August Selection Process： 10:00 a.m., September 14 (Thu), 2023
- January to February Selection Process： 10:00 a.m., February 15 (Thu), 2024
A list of examinee number of successful applicants will be posted by the examinee number on the website below:
A letter of acceptance will be sent to successful applicants by registered mail on the same day.
Note: If you are not at home on the day of delivery, an “absentee delivery notice” will be left in your mail box. Please make sure you receive it within a week, for example by requesting re-delivery from the post office.
- Enrollment Procedure Guidelines (which include documents to be submitted before entrance) will be sent out to successful applicants. Follow the direction in the Guidelines.
Date of dispatch: for entrants in April 2024
- November 1 (Wed), 2023
(Successful applicants for the July and August Selection Process)
- February 15 (Thu), 2024
(Successful applicants for the January-February Selection Process)
Date of dispatch: for entrants in October 2024
- Late June 2024
Note: The successful applicants need to notify us their new address at least one week in advance of the date of dispatch if they will change their address or will be absent when the documents are expected to be delivered.
In the event of a long-term absence , applicants should take measures such as changing their address to that of a person who can receive deliveries on their behalf.
- November 1 (Wed), 2023
- The documents should be sent by registered mail.
- Deadline :
- Early March, 2024 (EXCEPT Special Selection Process of Global Individuals in English).
- Special Selection Process of Global Individuals in English : Late August, 2024.
Note: For the submission deadline and the details of procedures, refer to Enrollment Procedure Guidelines.
- Estimated Expenses Upon Entrance
- (a)Entrance fee is 282,000 Japanese Yen (nonrefundable)
- (b)Tuition: The tuition for the first semester of the 2023 academic year (April-September) is 267,900 Japanese Yen. The tuition for the second semester (October-March) is 267,900 Japanese Yen. Annual Amount: 535,800 Japanese Yen
- (1)If fees are revised before entrance or while enrolled in graduate school, the revised tuition fees will be applied.
- (2)The entrance fees are exempt for those who are the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho：MEXT) scholarship students or those who have completed the University of Tsukuba Master’s Program and will continue on to the University Doctoral Program within one year of the completion date.
- All applicants with a full-time job need a document or a letter (e.g., an order for a training course, a letter for a leave of absence, or an approval letter) from the employer to prove that they are available to complete the program. If you enroll after retirement, please submit a retirement certificate.
- International applicants must acquire a status of residence suitable for entrance to a graduate school, in accordance with the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act (Cabinet Order No. 319 of 1951), before beginning the enrollment procedures. Those who wish to enter our graduate program as an international student must acquire the status of residence as a “Student.”