Degree Program in Comprehensive Human Sciences
Doctoral Programs (Informatics)
7. Testing Location, Announcement of Acceptance, and Enrollment Procedure
Examinations for 2023 academic year will be conducted online.
University of Tsukuba Kasuga Area (1-2 Kasuga, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki-ken, 305-8550, Japan)
Refer to “10. Information and Regulations for Examinees” for details.
Announcement of Acceptance
- July Selection Process： 10:00 a.m., July 15 (Fri), 2022
- August Selection Process： 10:00 a.m., September 16 (Fri), 2022
- January to February Selection Process： 10:00 a.m., February 15 (Wed), 2023
A list of examinee number of successful applicants will be posted by the examinee number on the website below:
A letter of acceptance will be sent to successful applicants by registered mail on the same day.
- Enrollment Procedure Guidelines (which include documents to be submitted before entrance) will be sent out to successful applicants. Follow the direction in the Guidelines.
Note: The successful applicants need to notify us in advance if they are moving house permanently before the date above or travelling when the documents are expected to be delivered.
- The documents should be mailed using a designated envelope (which will be sent to you along with the Enrollment Procedure Guidelines).
- Deadline :
- March 3 (Fri), 2023 (EXCEPT Special Selection Process of Global Individuals in English).
- Special Selection Process of Global Individuals in English : Middle of July, 2023.
- Estimated Expenses Upon Entrance
- (a)Entrance fee are 282,000 Japanese Yen (nonrefundable)
- (b)Tuition: The tuition for the first semester of the 2022 academic year (April-September) is 267,900 Japanese Yen. The tuition for the second semester (October-March) is 267,900 Japanese Yen. Annual Amount: 535,800 Japanese Yen
- (1)If fees are revised before entrance or while enrolled in graduate school, the revised tuition fees will be applied.
- (2)The entrance fees are exempt for those who are the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho：MEXT) scholarship students or those who completes our Master’s program in March, 2023 or September, 2023 and continues to take our Doctoral Program.
- All applicants with a full-time job need a document or a letter (e.g., an order for a training course, a letter for a leave of absence, or an approval letter) from the employer to prove that they are available to complete the program. If you enroll after retirement, please submit a retirement certificate.
- International applicants must acquire a status of residence suitable for entrance to a graduate school, in accordance with the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act (Cabinet Order No. 319 of 1951), before beginning the enrollment procedures. Those who wish to enter our graduate program as an international student must acquire the status of residence as a “Student.”