Degree Program in Comprehensive Human Sciences
Doctoral Programs (Informatics)
14. Requirements for Eligibility
In the case of applicants falling in category (1)-(2) of the Requirements for Eligibility shown below, eligibility screening (We will examine whether the applicant has more academic ability than who have completed the master’s course) is necessary. Please contact us.
- (1) Individuals recognized by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology as having an ability equivalent or superior to a Master’s Degree or Professional Degree recipient in what concerns the admission to a graduate program, based on the Enforcement Regulation of the School Education Law, Article 156 Paragraph 5.
- ① Individuals who have graduated from a four-year university, and have been engaged in research at a university or research institute for more than two years.
- ② Individuals who have completed in course a 16-year program of school education in a country other than Japan or who, while residing in Japan, completed in course a 16-year program of school education abroad, through correspondence courses, and have been engaged in research at a university or research institute for more than two years.
- (2) Individuals who have been recognized by Doctoral Programs in Informatics in their individual qualification screening process as having an ability equivalent or superior to a Master’s Degree or Professional Degree recipient and who are 24 years old or will be 24 years old by the end of March, 2023 (September, 2023, for Special Selection Process of Global Individuals in English).
Qualified person: Individuals who have graduated from a university, a junior college or an upper secondary school, individuals who have graduated from a vocational school or a similar school, individuals who have graduated from a university of a foreign country that implements less than 16 years of a school curriculum
【How to apply】
Download the following documents and send it to us by mail or e-mail with required certificates, your address, telephone number and e-mail address. The deadline is June 29, 2022 (for August) or November 25, 2022 (for January to February). Please contact us before sending.
If you choose to send your graduation certificate and academic transcript by e-mail, please convert it JPEG format or PDF file. If your application qualification is approved after the eligibility screening, we will notify your certification number for the Web Entry. Please send the original copy of these documents with the application documents.
【Required Documents of Eligibility Screening】
- (a) Applicant Information
- (b) Curriculum Vitae
- (c) Resume
- (d) Graduation Certificate
- (e) Academic Transcript
- (f) List of Research Results
If you have any questions, please contact us.