Degree Programs in Life and Earth Sciences
7. Testing Location, Announcement of Acceptance, and Enrollment Procedure
University of Tsukuba (1-1-1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki-ken)
Refer to “10. Information and Hints for Examinees” for details.
Announcement of Acceptance
- October： November 6, 2020 (10 a.m. JST) – November 12, 2020 (10 a.m. JST)
- February： February 17, 2021 (10 a.m. JST) – February 24, 2021 (10 a.m. JST)
The examinee numbers of the successful applicants will be posted on the website.
An acceptance letter will be sent to successful applicants on the same day by registered mail.
Enrollment Procedure Guidelines (which include documents to be submitted before entrance) will be sent out to successful applicants. Follow the direction in the Guidelines.
- April Entry： February 17, 2021
- October Entry： In the late of June, 2021
- Estimated Expenses Upon Entrance
- (a)Entrance fees are 282,000 Japanese Yen (nonrefundable).
- (b)Tuition: The tuition for the first semester of the 2020 academic year (April-September) is 267,900 Japanese Yen. The tuition for the second semester (October-March) is 267,900 Japanese Yen. (Yearly Amount: 535,800 Japanese Yen)
- (1)If fees are revised before entrance or while enrolled in this Graduate School, the revised tuition fees will be applied.
- (2)The Government-Sponsored (Japanese Government Monbukagakusho scholarship) foreign students, as well as students enrolling in a Secondary Major (Master’s Program) of a Dual Degree Program are exempted from paying the entrance fees.
- International applicants must acquire a Status of Residence suitable for entrance to a graduate school, in accordance with the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act (Cabinet Order No. 319 of 1951), before beginning the enrollment procedures. Those who wish to enter this Graduate School as an international student must acquire Status of Residence as a “Student.”
Note: The successful applicants need to notify us in advance if they are moving house permanently before the date above or travelling when the documents are expected to be delivered.
The documents should be mailed using a designated envelope (which will be sent to you along with the Enrollment Procedure Guidelines) by early March 2020. The deadline will be mentioned in Enrollment Procedure Guidelines.
All applicants with a full-time job need a document or a letter (e.g., an order for a training course, a letter for a leave of absence, or an approval letter) from the employer to prove that they are available to complete the program.