Degree Programs in Comprehensive Human Sciences
Five-year Doctoral Program (Doctoral Program in Human Biology)
Click here for more details about the program.
7. Announcement of Acceptance and Enrollment Procedure
(1)Announcement of Acceptance
- August Selection Process： September 16, 2022 (10 a.m. JST)
- January to February Selection Process： February 15, 2023 (10 a.m. JST)
The examinee numbers of the successful applicants will be posted on our websiteAn acceptance letter will be sent to successful applicants on the same day by registered mail.
- An enrollment packet (which contain documents to be submitted before entrance) will be sent to successful applicants.
As soon as the shipping date is determined, it will be announced on the application website (https://eng.ap-graduate.tsukuba.ac.jp/).
- The documents should be mailed using a designated envelope (which will be sent to you together with the Enrollment Procedure Guidelines) by early March 2023. The deadline will be shown in Enrollment Procedure Guidelines.
- You will be offered the Financial Support from SIGMA, which would assist you to dedicate yourself to your study. To apply for the Financial Support, you need to complete the Research Plan form that will be sent via email by the SIGMA in advance.
- April Entry： Early March
- October Entry： Early September
- (1)Admission Fees: 282,000 yen ※In case that the amount of Admission Fees would be revised at the time of your enrollment, the revised amount has to be paid.
- (2)Tuition Fees: 535,800 yen
We provide tuition fee exemption for students. Please see the latest information here.
- All applicants with a full-time job (except part-time) need a document or a letter (ex; an order for a training course, a letter of leave of absence or an approval letter) from the employer to prove that you are available to complete the program.
- International applicants must acquire a Status of Residence suitable for entrance to a graduate school, in accordance with the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act (Cabinet Order No. 319 of 1951), before beginning enrollment procedures. Those who wish to enter this program as an international student must acquire Status of Residence as a “Student.”
The documents to apply a Status of Residence suitable for entrance will be sent later by SIGMA.
The successful applicants are expected to notify us in advance if they are moving permanently before the date above or going away when the documents are expected to be delivered.